My love and appreciation for dogs is immense. I first started learning more about dog training in my college years when I joined a program to train mobility service dogs for free to people with physical disabilities. I learned to train various tasks, such as retrievals, turning on and off lights, pushing push plates, light mobility aiding, and opening and closing various objects. From here, I learned how brilliant dogs are and the potential they have to do amazing things.
I spent the next several years learning everything I could from many resources. I became obsessed with learning everything I could about dogs and how to communicate best with them. This led me to going to seminars, mentoring trainers, and getting involved with various dog sports to build a stronger relationship with my dogs.
I currently have 3 dogs: Luna, Atlas, and Data. They are my entire world and because of them, I have learned so much about dog behavior and how to live fulfilling, exciting lives together. They are the reason that I pursued dog training as a career. My passion truly lies in forming the best relationships with canines. My goal is to teach my students more about their dogs and how to have the most solid relationships with them.
MY GOALS IN DOG TRAINING ARE:
- To guide my students into forming a strong bond with their dogs through training. Through this, students learn more about their dogs behavior and what makes their dogs most excited.
- To help my students live more fulfilling and enjoyable lives with their canine companions.
- To show my students ways that they can incorporate their dogs into more aspects of their daily lives.
- To teach students how to understand what makes their dogs excited and take advantage of those motivators to create behaviors that we’re looking for.
- To help my students understand the principles of a communication system, windows of opportunity, management vs. liberty, aspects of play, dog body language, responsible ownership, and other common principles in dog training that amplify the lives of both my students and their dogs.
- Most importantly, to show students how to have fun and play with their dogs!
ACCOMPLISHMENTS & EDUCATION:
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (2014-2018)
- Bachelor of Science: Atmospheric Sciences
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (2018-2020)
- Master of Science: Atmospheric Sciences
- Member of the Illini Service Dogs (2014-2018)
- Served as a Primary Trainer and Foster (2016-2018)
- Teaching and Research Assistant at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (2018 – 2020)
- Internship with Pupcakes Training in Champaign (August-December 2019)
- Attended the NePoPo Workshop in Chicago (February 8-9, 2020)
- Pet Tech CPR 1st Aid and Safety (September 13, 2020)